Monday, June 28, 2004 – 1:04 pm
Okay. Day One.
So far I’ve slept in, watched the last 10 minutes of “The View” *cringe*, played an hour of Megaman (ed.: Gamecube version), and completely ignored the fact that my apartment is a filthy filthy mess. I have to come up with some kind of plan for what I’m going to do to keep my brain productive during this annoying “bump in the road” (why do people keep calling it that?). So here’s the plan. Sort of a “What I will do on my Summer Vacation”:
- I will sleep as much as necessary
- If I feel like a nap, I’ll take a damn nap, no matter what I’m doing.
- I will make up a cliché/trendy logo for a fake company every day (maybe week)
- The idea is to parody modern design, not try to actually make good logos. It’s more for fun than for show. I think modern logo design is really quite horrible, so I’m going to try to do some of my own.
- I will watch less than 1 hour of TV per day.
- God I HATE Daytime TV. Please save me from Daytime TV.
- I will walk at least 2500 steps a day, when I feel up to it.
- I have a step counter, and that’s roughly the amount of steps to walk to and from Alissa’s work, so doing that shouldn’t be hard.
- I will redesign my website, www.travisgobeil.ca, completely
- I will make an advertising portfolio,
- showcasing ideas that go back more than 10 years.
- That’s it for now. I had more than that. I’ll fill the rest of my time with video games, probably. That’s not really a goal, though. I have to come up with a game plan of what games to play and in what order, but that’s really going overboard with the planning, I think.